Arguably the key to going viral on TikTok, is all in hitting the For You Page. This can see your video go from a few hundred views, to potentially millions. But how does this page work? Key factors:
- User interactions such as the videos you like or share, accounts you follow, comments you post, and content you create.
- Video information, which might include details like captions, sounds, and hashtags.
- Device and account settings like your language preference, country setting, and device type. These factors are included to make sure the system is optimized for performance.
So how can you as an artist, ensure you are creating content that hits these 3 main factors?
- Reply to as many comments on your own videos as possible - whilst also interacting with other creatives on the platform. Begin to build your own ecosystem with other musicians by collaborating/dueting with them on videos
- Ensure you are using hashtags on your videos and those hashtags are popular at that time - this will increase the overall reach of your video.
- Make sure that your video is accessible as possible - it is filmed in portrait, the image is clear and bright. If you are posting a singing video, try adding captions to make it even more accessible to the viewer.