|The global economy is facing some very difficult times right now. The music industry is no different - independent performers, writers, producers and creators of all kinds are at particular risk of financial hardship right now.|
That's why we're sharing this list of all the funds that have been launched in aid of Independent Musicians during this difficult time.
- PRS Emergency Relief Fund: Open to PRS members globally who are suffering genuine hardship due to loss of work, and meet PRS’ eligibility criteria. This fund will be offering payments of up to £1000 to affected songwriters and composers.
- Billboard has compiled a state by state Resource Guide for music professionals who need help which is being updated constantly.
- The Musicians Union Hardship Fund: Open to members of the MU with genuine and pressing hardship, musicians can apply for grants of £200.
- Help Musicians Coronavirus Financial Hardship Fund: Open to all musicians who meet Help Musicians’ eligibility criteria, the charity are offering one-off payments of up to £500 to those suffering significant financial hardship.
- SACEM has launched a €6 million rescue fund for members who are most in distress and can no longer meet their own basic needs. Grants will amount to €1500, €3000 or €5000, depending on the situation. This will be available for application from 2nd April 2020.
We will continue to update this list as new funds become available. Stay safe everyone!
Funding Update: More Emergency Relief Funds Announced
Independent performers, writers, producers and creators of all kinds are at particular risk of financial hardship right now. That's why we're sharing this list of all the funds that have been launched in aid of Independent Musicians during this difficult time.
frtyfve is powered by Instrumental. Their leading A&R music scouting platform uses Spotify data and applied AI processes to unearth the fastest growing artists and tracks. To find out how the tool can help power your scouting efforts, click the banner below to request a demo.