Instrumental CEO Conrad Withey announced for The Great Escape
Instrumental CEO Conrad Withey has been added to the lineup at The Great Escape 2018. The festival has announced the latest additions to the convention side of the annual new music celebration. Live Nation UK president Paul Latham and BBC Radio 1Xtra’s MistaJam also feature in the latest wave of additions.
The Great Escape (TGE) will host a three-day convention across its Brighton venues, with a new theme explored each day. Topics set to be discussed include China, AI and education. The AI Conference will feature discussions and talks focussing on the use of artificial intelligence to develop music industry processes and the creation of music and videos.
Conrad commented: “I am thrilled to be included in the AI conference at this year’s Great Escape. So many people are intrigued by what we are doing at Instrumental with AI to solve the problem of artist and track scouting in a streaming world. This will be a great opportunity to share our insights and plans, showcase our TalentAI platform and explore how it can help drive sales for others attending the event.”
Imogen Heap (FAC), Sammy Andrews (Deviate Digital) and Andy Parsons (Ticketmaster UK MD) will also discuss the impact of artificial intelligence on music.
TGE recently unveiled more of this year's music lineup, as well as its plans for a brand new 2,000 capacity area on Brighton beach. The festival has also signed the PRS Foundation’s Keychange pledge to achieve a 50/50 gender balance across their lineup by 2022. Widely considered to be one of the best emerging music festivals in the UK, there is hope that over the coming years, talent featured at TGE will begin to populate the main stages at larger festivals. TGE have added some of the most exciting music acts of 2018 to their bill, with the likes of Superorganism, Tom Grennan, Goat Girl, Let’s Eat Grandma, and Japanese Breakfast all joining the festival in May.
The full list of convention speakers is below.
- Andrew Parsons, MD, Ticketmaster UK
- Chris Cooke, MD, CMU Insights
- Cliff Fluet, Partner, Lewis Silkin
- Conrad Withey, CEO, Instrumental
- Dan Fowler, Strategy & Operations, JAAK
- Diane Widdison, National Organiser For Education & Training, Musicians’ Union
- Diarmuid Moloney, Founder & CEO, Rotor
- Ed Newton-Rex, Founder & CEO, Jukedeck
- Gideon Mountford, Global Head Of Video, Believe
- Helienne Lindvall, Head Of Business And Songwriter Relations, Auddly
- Ian Moss, Director Of Public Affairs, BPI
- Jesper Skibsby, Founder & CEO, WARM
- Joe Lyske, Co-founder & CEO, MXX Music
- Manan Vohra, Head Of Product, 7digital
- Mark Davyd, CEO, Rhythmix & Music Venue Trust
- Mark Irwin, Dean Of Higher Education, BIMM
- Mark Wood, Chief Architect, Ents24
- Mel Thornton, Head Of Careers & Employability, BIMM
- Neil Pollard, Founder, Ents24
- Nick Matthews, Agent, Coda
- Paul Latham, President UK, Live Nation
- Rebecca Lammers, CEO & Co-Founder, Laika Network
- Sam Taylor, Chief Commercial Officer, POP
- Scott Cohen, VP International, The Orchard
- ShaoDow, artist
TGE: Convention will run across multiple venues between May 17-19.
frtyfve is a new music blog powered by Instrumental. Their leading A&R music scouting platform uses Spotify data and applied AI processes to unearth the fastest growing artists and tracks. To find out how the tool can help power your scouting efforts, click the banner below to request a demo.